3.31.2009

I have an apartment in Madison! I'm losing weight!

So, I went up to Madison with J on Saturday to look at apartments. The first one we saw was a no go- small, no light, lots of undergrads in the building. The second one, however, was gorgeous- big, high ceilings, nice building- definitely something up our alley. About 2 minutes into the showing, however, the manager girl looks at J and says, "Just so you know, we don't let any sex offenders live in our building." WTF??? She continues: "And we don't just do a local check- we look at Federal records." Wow. Next. The third place was new and pretty nice, but slightly outside our price range. A definite possibility. We were going to go to lunch and talk over our options, when J says to see if I can move one of our afternoon showings to now, one more shot before we pick between the less-than-awesome. A 70-ish guy with a full head of heir meets us. We go to the building and the neighborhood looks great- all brick buildings built in the 1930's, a park and the lake are right across the street, a grocery on the corner, and everyone looks to be between 25-35. This seems ideal. Then we see the apartment. All wood floors, huge windows in every room, a sun room, dining room, TV room, big living room with a fireplace, high ceiling, tons of storage, everything well kept up- totally gorgeous. Afraid to fall in love with it before we're approved (we have less than stellar credit), we ask the owner what the application process entails. "You say you're a PhD student at UW? You're in." I'm in disbelief. "What about this guy?" I ask, referring to J. "You're his reference. Anyone who is a PhD student at this school has had to do a lot to get there. I know the rent will get paid." We signed right away. We now have an AWESOME apartment in Madison, and get to move June 1 :)

As for ED stuff, I am doing great. I have finally started to reverse the weight gain- I've dropped my calories to about 1500, started exercise 5 days/week instead of 4, and have already lost 3 pounds since I got back from my mountain trip. I am already starting to plan how I will switch back to a maintenance plan so that when i reach my goal of 140-145 I will be able to stay there and not keep playing the ED losing game. Wish me luck!

11 comments:

K said...

Congratulations on finding an awesome apartment in Madison! From your description of it, it sounds wonderful. Reminds me how much I want to move out of my parents house...

Apple Berry said...

I don't think it could sound any cooler! OMG it sounds AWESOME, lush even. As nosy as it is, I think it would awesome if you posted some pics of your apartment's lushness before you move in; I'm intrigued beyond the curiosity that killed the cat :P

V

DaftDragon said...

Kara- Thanks! I'm pretty excited about it. And hey, if you have that at home option, save some money. At least your parents want you there :/.

V- Haha, I wish I had taken some! I doubt I will be back there before I move in. When I move I'll post :P And thanks for sharing the excitement :)

Coke Addiction Kinda Sucks said...

Ya, hey der, ya Wisconsinite der! :P Congrats on the new pad - it sounds gnarly! Thanks for the comment too on my last entry. Second test in 3 days *deep breath!*

Zena said...

just wanted to leave my footprint and let you know I have been thinking of you.:)

Love, Z

Apple Berry said...

I Just watched a programme on TV about this guy in my county making new chocolate that is chocolate, not the creamy sugar filled refined fat we call chocolate. Anyway, he's mental. He decided that Cocao gives you energy without making you fat, so they did experiments in Brunel university and when the sports scientist woman was on the TV, I was really mean and like, "pah, scientists! They're such...boffins! LIke seriously, you think SHE has a life, the words she's using, she can barely announciate them and they don't, just....scientists, gawwd it'd be so boring to be a scientist...scientists!" my Dad was just like, "aha, because artists make the best contributions to the world."

My point in telling you that story was because I JUST watched it and then logged on and saw your comment and remembered you were a scientist and that comment you were slightly offended by ages ago, when that other person was like, "pah, I bet she's never had fun in her life!" about you, and I was exactly like that about that woman on TV, and then I was like, well, maybe she's actually a very exciting being of sorts and is the life of the party, mwaha! ANd that you's appreciate my silliness of my judgement, but seriously, I'm stuck by my guns, she was lame, unlike you, lol! Anyway, I lost my ending to my story so I'll be off!

and yeah, fun times indeed lol! We were doing 'blowjob' shots off the bar with no hands last night. I failed and got it EVERYWHERE, ha ha, that was hilarious! Oh puns galore!

DaftDragon said...

coke- i've been up-checking on you and have yet to find an update! soon please! also, gracias for the lovely cheesehead talk. i think i open my mouth for like 2 seconds up there before people are like, ur from chicago! well... i hope it stays that way and I don't become one of them :P

z- thanks! i've been checking in on ou tambien, i appreciate the mark :)

v- bwahahah! i friggan love it, hehe thanks for thinking of me. my mom is an artist- painter, poet etc.- and she;s always telling me i need to 'live a little' and not 'be such an uptight square'. so, maybe for a scientist i'm fun, but for an artist i'd be boring. oh, and i consider myself an exception, many of us are lame. haha

Anybeth said...

hey, where you been? busy moving? i hope you're doing well. miss your posts!

Anonymous said...

Where the heck are you?

K said...

Where are you??? I need an update!! :)

Anonymous said...

This recent article about Eating disorders and the fact that it can develop in anyone, male or female, professional athlete or amateur. Diagnosing those problems in athletes who are seemingly in good shape can be difficult.
http://www.dailyrx.com/news-article/anorexia-and-bulimia-are-common-athletes-14478.html